Saturday, October 2, 2010

About Me

About me: I'm a full-time photographer, live in Belchertown, MA.  I grew up in California, I think I call New Mexico home, spent six years in Germany, and my wife and I still own a home in the NW suburbs of Chicago -- which she calls home.  I have a bachelor's degree in psychology and a master's in organizational management.  Beth and I have three children: Elle, 9; Mia, 7; and Casey, 4.

I've been shooting photography since the 1980s when my very first credit card purchase was for a Pentax 35mm camera.  These days, I shoot with Nikon and process all my images on a Mac computer with most of the work using Photoshop. 

In the early 2000s, Beth and  I owned Camelback Video Productions, which specialized in shooting wedding videos in the Phoenix area.  We also made a few short films, I was a First Assistant Director on a low-budget feature film, and Beth and I were on the executive committee of the Phoenix Film Festival.

More recently, I enjoyed some rave reviews of my gallery show on the Urban Portrait Series, which was displayed at Open Square in Holyoke, MA.  I was also pretty happy with my picture of the Houston Ballet's Samantha Lynch being published in Dance Magazine in April 2011.

When it comes to shooting portraits, I try to find a creative way to capture your physical presence and to bring your personality into whatever location we're shooting.

You can reach me at ron@ronmckinneyphotography.com or call me at 312-613-0674.

Here are some pictures of me in action shooting the Urban Portrait Series:

Shooting the baseball concept for the Urban Portrait Series

I get right into the thick of things with some shots!
























Talking to the Houston Ballet's Melody Herrera about our shot.














































My goal is always to have a collaborative approach to the shot.  Here I'm showing Peter and Melody how it's looking.


A wide shot of me shooting Peter Franc for the Urban Portrait Series.


This is Zuzi Leckova's shot of me getting a shot of Heidi "sliding" into second base for the baseball shoot.

Another wide shot of me shooting Melody and Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment